Year 3/4 W
Weekly Homework Expectations
1. Each week you must practice the spellings that have been written in your green spelling journal.
2. Copy them out at least 3 times.
3. Write sentences using each spelling. If you do not understand the meaning of the spelling, check a dictionary.
4. To challenge yourself, think about ‘up-levelling’ like we do at school.
* Can you add better adjectives using a thesaurus?
* Check you have used the correct punctuation - capital letters and full stops.
* Try using different punctuation such as:
Brackets ( )
Speech marks " "
Question marks ?
Exclamation marks !
* Practise by singing, writing and chanting the times table you are working on.
* Ask yourself the inverse division statements. For example if you are working on your 6 times table, ask yourself questions such as 'What is 36 divided by 6?' Show your working out so that I can see how hard you have worked!
* To challenge yourself, think about the times tables, counting methods or mental-maths strategies we have been practising in class and practice them at home too! Show your working out so that I can see how hard you have worked!
Maths/English or Topic (IPC)
* One or either will be set as a homework each week. Show your working out so that I can see how hard you have worked!
* To challenge yourself, think about the different ways you could show your work.
* Take time to do this as neatly as you can to show excellent presentation skills.