Homework will be set on a weekly basis, please read on to find out more about the content and expectations for this homework.
- Please can reading books be brought into school every day even if they don’t need changing. Please can they be signed by an adult when they are ready to be changed. If you can leave a comment about how your child has got on with the book that would be very much appreciated.
- Children can change their books as and when required as long as they are signed-off by an adult.
- The children need to return their books to the green book box in order for them to be signed-off by Mr. Chudley or Mrs. Williams.
- Target word books are green and are sent home on a Thursday and need to be brought back into school by Tuesday.
- Target words are printed out, stuck in and then tested in these books in order for parents to see how their child is doing.
- When handed in books will need to placed in the Green Tray labelled 'Spellings'.
- The children will get 7 target words to learn and an additional 5 challenge words where appropriate. This will incorporate reading, spelling and letter formation.
- The children can write the words as many times as needed in the book.
- The children can also place them into a sentence and if they do so they will receive a team point.
- Homework will be given out on a Thursday and needs to be handed in on a Tuesday (earlier if complete) into the green box.
- Homework will include Maths and English (reading) - which will be given out alternatively each week - and topic work will be set every half term.
- Maths Logs are used to help promote practical maths, an example of activities will be provided. Please leave a comment as to how your child has got on with the task as this is extremely helpful.
- Times tables are to be learnt regularly. One times table will be set at a time and this should be learnt until secure at which point another will be set.
- Reading Journals – The children can choose which activity to complete. They can use a book they are reading at home or their school reading book.
- Homework Folders – These are green and may have an English, Maths or Topic activity in.
- PE kits need to be left in school throughout each half term and will be sent home at the end.
- Please ensure all clothes have your child’s name in them. Jumpers and fleeces in particular are left at the end of the day and it is easy to hand them back to the child if they have their name in.
- If you have any letters for the office they go in the green basket labelled with Mr. Chudley’s name on.
- We have a class Twitter page Mr Chudley @EBCEAcademyY3 where information about what we have learnt during the day is shared.
- Please explore the school website – www.ellisonboultersacademy.co.uk. This contains lots of useful information about the school and our class page.
Thank you for your support and if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.