Homework will be set on a weekly basis, please read on to find out more about the content and expectations for this homework.
- Please can reading books be brought into school every day even if they don’t need changing. Please can they be signed by an adult when they are ready to be changed. If you can leave a comment about how your child has got on with the book that would be very much appreciated.
- Your book change days have been written in the reading logs and will be Monday and Thursday or Tuesday and Friday.
- The children need to return their books to the yellow book box.
- Target word books are orange and are kept for 1 week. Please can they be handed in on a Monday in the clear basket labelled Target Words
- The children will get 3 or 5 words to learn. This will incorporate reading, spelling and letter formation.
- 4 of the words will be from their personal spellings list and the 5th word (written in purple) will be one that they regularly spell incorrectly in their work.
- Please could the children trace over the teacher's writing in pencil as this will help with their letter formation.
- The children can write the words as many times as needed in the book.
- The school Handwriting Policy is attached and as the year progresses the children will be encouraged to use the letter formation on that policy.
- Homework will be given out on a Friday and needs to be handed in on a Wednesday (earlier if complete) into the orange box.
- Homework will include Maths, English and some topic work.
- Maths Logs are used to help promote practical maths and an example of activities will be provided. Please leave a comment as to how your child has got on with the task as this is extremely helpful.
- Reading Journals – The children can choose which activity to complete. They can use a book they are reading at home or their reading book.
- Homework Folders – These are blue and may have a English, Maths or Topic activity in.
- PE kits need to be left in school throughout each half term and will be sent home at the end.
- Please ensure all clothes have your child’s name in them. Jumpers and fleeces in particular are left at the end of the day and it is easy to hand them back to the child if they have their name in.
- Special Days take place on a Wednesday where children can bring items to show. Each child has their own Special Day (see attached). This gives each child chance to show their favourite things to the class as there is not always time to show children’s toys during the day.
- Show and Share – This takes place each Friday at the end of the day. The children can bring in 1 small item to share.
- Special Places will be changed every couple of weeks to ensure that children have a variety of talk partners and are able to concentrate.
- If you have any letters for the office they go in the grey basket.
- We have a class Twitter page Mrs.Murphy @EBCEAcademyY1Y2 where information about what we have learnt during the day is shared.
- Please explore the school website – www.ellisonboultersacademy.co.uk. This contains lots of useful information about the school and my class page.
Thank you for your support and if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.
Mrs Murphy & Miss Cole